Friday, July 13, 2012

The past year

I feel like I need to explain the past years events for anyone out there who might be curious.

In September last year I met Andy in Stockholm. We met in a bar and ended up spending a few days together as he was here on business. When he had to leave we talked about me visiting him in Milan (Andy is English but lived in Milan at the time). I think we both thought it was a bit crazy really but we did want to see each other again. After thinking about it for a few days I just thought -What the hell? You only live once, right? Plus if nothing else; It'll make a great story! Lol this is a good attitude to have about everything. Every failure and every embarrasing situation in life WILL someday make a great story.... Someday obviously being the key word here.
Well it didn't turn out to be a great story, at least in that sense. Since that trip to Milan last October we have been visiting each other about every three weeks.

So what do you do when you're in a long distance relationship trying to get to know each other with thousands of miles in between you?
Well in my case; you go to London to study.
I've still got a year of Uni left here in Stockholm and I've always thought it would be a great experience to go abroad and study for a semester. Earlier this spring Andy decided to move back to England and I decided to apply for an erasmus exhange in London. After a few weeks of waiting, an interview and a few more weeks of waiting I found out that I had been accepted!
So not only does that mean I get to go abroad and study English in an English speaking environment, it also means that Andy and I get to do this thing for real for a while. And I am so crazy happy about that! Cos let me let you guys in on a little secret; long distance relationships? They suck...

No comments:

Post a Comment